Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) Bridge
Click here to return to the Caregiver Training page.
Training Program Description:
The “Bridge” Nursing Assistant training program is a way for Home Care Aides-Certified (HCA-C) to become Nursing Assistant-Certified (NAC). The Bridge is a 24 hour course divided into three days: 8 hours of classroom, 8 hours of skills lab, and 8 hours of clinical.The focus of the Bridge is to provide the skills and knowledge needed to become a NAC that is not included in HCA-C training. Classes are held in both Everett and Mt Vernon training centers.
After passing the Bridge program, students receive a certificate of completion. Students are then eligible to take the state competency test to become Nursing Assistant Certified.
Active Home Care Aid Certification (HCA-C)
(please note we are no longer offering this program for Medical Assistants)
Please note: all required documentation must be submitted to Sunrise no later than noon one week before the first day of class in order to attend the desired session.
- Current CPR Certification
- Negative 2-step TB test,TB Blood Test, or Chest X-Ray that is less than 1 year old
- Criminal History Background check that is less than 1 year old
- Flu vaccine (if in season)
- Completed Forms (Training Coordinator Will Provide you)
- Uniform of Solid colored scrubs and closed-toe shoes
- Blood pressure Cuff*
- Gait Belt*
- Advised: Second hand watch
* You may purchase these materials through Sunrise or provide your own for class
Additional Class Information:
- Bridge Text Book, NA Candidate Handbook, and Bridge HCA-C Additional Information Booklet must be read in-full prior to class.
- Required Workbook Homework is due day 1 of class
- Students need to be ready to take written exam based off textbook on day 1 of class
- Longman’s Dictionary of the American English is the only dictionary allowed during testing
- Students should be aware artificial nails are not allowed at the clinical site
- This class requires 14+ days notice to first day of class to cancel with a refund for cost of course.
- Reschedule fee of $100 is required to move sessions due to the small capacity of this specialized program.
Jobs & Careers:
Program graduates work as NA-C in extended care facilities, hospitals, clinics, and home health agencies. Others work in residential care facilities, halfway houses, homes for the elderly or disabled, or in private households.
Employment of NAC is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations in response to an emphasis on rehabilitation and the long-term care needs of a rapidly aging population. The Bridge alternative program will provide continued opportunity for recruitment and career advancement in nursing.
Tuition = $350
Required Textbook = $30 (+$10 if shipped)
Required Workbook = $20 (+$10 if shipped)
Bridge HCA-C Additional Information Booklet = free (+$10 if shipped)
Subtotal with books picked up = $400
BP Cuff and Stethoscope = $25
Gait Belt = $15
Total if all materials needed & picked-up = $440
Cash, Debit/Credit Cards, Money Orders, PayPal. No Checks Please. Enroll Now
Application & Registration:
Applicants are offered enrollment in the NA-C Bridge Training Program on a space available basis. Any student interested in enrolling should contact and submit all requirements to:
NAC Bridge Training Program
7003 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98203
NAC Bridge Training Program
1908 Riverside Dr
Mount Vernon, WA 98273